- Emancipation award part of first homo congress
- Coastguard collaboration is voluntarily but not without obligations
- Martina: Trip to China fits within wide strategy
- Venezuelan consulate: DAE is to care for passengers
- Royal recognition for Youth Red Cross
- Martina: Dismissal of Board of Commissioners CPA not formalized yet
- ‘Import cars remain insured’
|Goedgedrag flown abroad with haste owing to heart condition|
|Thursday, 27 September 2012 16:05|
WILLEMSTAD — The Governor of Curaçao, Frits Goedgedrag was flown with haste this morning for medical treatment abroad by special advice of his doctor. Goedgedrag flew to Miami with Insel Air and accompanied by his doctor. Goedgedrag had a heart condition in the past and was operated on several years ago in the Netherlands.
Adèle van der Pluijm-Vrede will act as interim governor during Goedgedrag’s absence in these political turbulent times. The young democracy of Curaçao is under pressure.
Under command of Chairman of the Parliament Ivar Asjes (PS) no public meetings are held. A majority of the parliamentarians have appointed a new chairman and vice-chairman and adopted motions of no-confidence against the members of the current cabinet of Minister-President Gerrit Schotte. However, this cabinet refuses to resign.
Based on the motions of no-confidence, Goedgedrag had started a formation round for an interim-cabinet. The governor appointed Eduardo ‘Dito’ Mendes de Gouveia to form the interim-cabinet. The names of Stanley Betrian, Cornelis ‘Chucho’ Smits, Henri Jourdain, Jose Jardim and Stanley Bodok as candidate interim-ministers were submitted yesterday afternoon. The antecedent investigation into the candidates has begun and could be completed tomorrow.