- U dient in te loggen om dit artikel te bekijken ProKids 2013 ready to go
- U dient in te loggen om dit artikel te bekijken Sarah-Quita nominated for ‘sports pearl’
- U dient in te loggen om dit artikel te bekijken Private medical insurers disappointed
- Pressure tank only operational for diving accidents
- Martina considers ministerial office
- Corps Consular Curaçao holds session on immigration policy
- Harry Belafonte guest speaker at CNSJF
|PwC: Curaçao gateway to Latin America|
|Monday, 29 October 2012 14:39|
WILLEMSTAD — According to accountants and tax consultant company PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), there is a need for technology and knowledge in Latin America because the economic prospects are positive and substantial investments are being planned and made there. For that reason PwC recently founded a ‘Latin America Desk’. Last Friday PcW Curaçao organized a conference in the auditorium of the Central Bank on Curaçao’s potential role in these Latin American developments.
“With our knowledge and experience we can advise local and international investors and entrepreneurs on finding the most efficient (fiscal) strategy for investments from and to Latin America”, said opening speaker Steve Vanenburg, partner of PwC Dutch Caribbean. Several speakers from PwC Columbia, the Netherlands and Curaçao elaborated on sustainable energy, fiscal, legal and financial aspects around investments in and from Columbia, tax treaties, and the relationship between the Netherlands, Curaçao and Columbia. In conclusion, five recommendations were formulated during a panel discussion. One of the recommendations regarded further flexibility of the actual and legal regulations for economic zones and the employees involved. Other recommendations were the international relations based on tax treaties and investment treaties, which Curaçao needs to fulfill a broader role within the region as gateway.