- Hema on Curaçao still in the future
- Rosaria requests ‘constructive discussion’ with the Netherlands
- Shipwrecked person in Cuba receives temporary passport
- Chances are that Vivica Spong’s death was caused by fall
- Spin-off CNSJF 2013 amounted to 7.8 million dollars
- Administrative judge not to decide in FWNK-case
- Premier also discusses new LGO-status
|‘Public discussion on closing down Pachi’s Place’|
|Wednesday, 30 January 2013 09:44|
KRALENDIJK — If the Island Council is to debate on the nocturne center of entertainment Bonaire Paradise Inn, also called Pachi’s Place, then all similar establishments should be under debate too.According to Beukenboom, there are several prostitution centers on Bonaire, and persistent rumors on another establishment named Men’s Heaven BV. This company supposedly has all official documents to operate in the tourist area on Kaya Gobernador Nicolaas Debrot. Beukenboom said the information at his disposal shows the company has several objectives, such as prostitution, massage, escort service and selling soft drugs.
Beukenboom stated the DP-fraction has a problem with the government closing down a local company while granting another company with far more objectives than Pachi’s Place. Prior to the debates the faction therefore wishes to receive all documents on the permit issued to Men’s Heaven, such as the registration with the Chamber of Commerce, notary formation deed and all requests, advice and decisions from the Island Council.
The DP-fraction also disagrees that the meeting is held in private as requested by the inquirers. There is no reason for this because the deputy and party members of the coalition already gave their comments on this subject in the media.