- European tour operators visit Curaçao
- 200 meters without public
- ‘Monster’ not present when Wiels case comes up in court
- Residents Koraal Tabak talk with policy workers GMN-Ministry
- ‘Place Feffik in a new organization’
- ‘Aruba will absolutely not be placed under supervision of the Netherlands’
- Problems with donkeys on Bonaire in an impasse
|Fan of the Public Prosecutor|
|Monday, 4 February 2013 10:18|
WILLEMSTAD — The Public Prosecutor recently launched a facebook-page where it publishes verdicts but also general information. A text page placed since November 2012 yielded sufficient positive results to announce this page is now available.Norman Serphos, employed as spokesperson of the Public Prosecutor and Office of the Attorney General of Curaçao, St. Maarten and the BES-Islands, explained there are sufficient reports indicating that the information dissemination from the Public Prosecutor’s Office left much to be desired. In an attempt to improve this, Serphos launched the Facebook-page ‘Public Prosecutor’s Office Curaçao’.
“This system is already being used in the Netherlands. The Facebook-page of the Dutch Public Prosecutor’s Office even publishes press reports, which the news media are free to use. Not only the Public Prosecutor’s Office but also the Royal Military Police and other judicial authorities make use of Facebook and other social media”, said Serphos.
Serphos is pleased with the reactions on the page and notices more ‘likes’ from people visiting the Facebook-page. The idea is to inform people about criminal cases and job descriptions from officers of justice, and others. The intention is also to launch a website in several months – if all goes well, said Serphos.